Focal Systems is a San Francisco based startup providing solutions for retailers to improve inventory management, reduce out-of-stocks, enhance the shopper experience and optimize checkout lanes. Focal solutions consist of powerful devices in stores that leverage machine learning and computer vision technology.
At Focal Systems, we manufacture, deploy and manage powerful camera systems that help our clients optimize their store operations. In order to maintain our hardware and software with 100% up-time, the Field Support Engineer works with our Engineering and Operations team to ensure we can proactively solve any issue happening in the field, so our clients can receive the high quality of service we intend to provide them. This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
The role will begin remote, as we are expanding our offices to the New York / New Jersey region shortly. There will be some local travel to visit our client locations and work with our operations team on the ground.
- Full-time Availability - core hours will be 9 am to 5 pm EST, but has flexibility based on needs in the field
- Ability to physically support operational tasks like installation, troubleshooting and in-store training for regional clients
- Ability to help us debug front end and back end issues.
- 2 or more years of technical support experience
- Experience in UNIX/Linux operating system
- Experience with shell or Python scripting
- Experience working on TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
- Experience troubleshooting complex electrical and electronic products
- Experience interpreting wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Working knowledge of electronic testing and assembly equipment
- Experience with EC2 and/or Kubernetes
- Cloud administration experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with cameras and imaging systems
- Experience working on IoT products
- Familiarity with Computer Vision, Image Processing and Machine Learning technologies